Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Perfect Day

So today was just a great day.

This morning I woke up and took an exam for my online class.  I am getting way more layed back about these exams.  100%.  yea!  I stepped outside to feel the weather and knew that I wanted to take advantage of the great weather while it was here so I again went for a walk/run along the trail.  Pretty awesome.

Got home and decided to get some yard work done before I showered.  Pulled some dead plants, raked some leaves and started a bonfire to burn up alot of shrubs and branches that my husband has cleaned up.  (He was at work.)  As I walked back and forth between the bonfire and the pile that needed to be burned I would get this feeling - let me try to explain it.  The sky was blue, crisp, clean and the air was perfect.  The kind of temperature where you just need a thin long sleeve shirt.  No chill in the air, just a freshness.  I would breathe in the air into my lungs taking in the beauty around me.  I had the feeling of the perfect day. 

You see, my life has been in such transition for the past six months I can hardly put it all in to words and feelings.  I just got a job yesterday as a Nursing Assistant at an Assisted Living facility about 10 min. from my house.  Pretty awesome.  My husband just finished a week long training on Rescue.  (Don't ask me to explain his training, it's alot. :)  God is moving in our life and I love it.  Some days I am still left "wondering" but don't we all?  I cannot imagine being in this day without the presence of Jesus in my life.  He is all I need - he is my guide - and he does know all the plans that he has for my life.

He knows you too.

So today, I just breathed in his freshness in my perfect day!
As I was working this is the song that I was singing and it made me smile.  I hope you smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment