Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This walk we call life!

This morning when I went out to get the mail I knew that today was the day for an outdoor workout.  It is beautiful.  So off I went for a good long walk with a little running along the way.  I love walking the trail along the river that flows across the street from our house.  It started out as just a good walk, enjoying walking in short sleeves and breathing in the fresh air.  As I started to pray I ended up being blessed by the most amazing prayer walk I have ever experienced and ended up walking way longer than I ususally do.  I have always loved nature and today God was using the nature all around me to speak to me.  I love that about God, that he will always meet with you.  All you have to do is come.  So simple, but we make it so hard sometimes.

Two things stand out to me.  This first picture speaks to the first one.  God made this.
 

He made the blue sky, he made the colors on the leaves, he made the beautiful fall smell in the air.  As I looked up and saw this I was so overwhelmed by the majesty of God.  I was reminded that I cannot do this.  I cannot put such a soft blue color in the sky.  I cannot make the leaves change colors and gently fall to the ground and crinkle under my feet.  I am in awe. 

The second was this image.  The barren tree with the blue sky.  Just cool.  Just because the tree is barren does not mean there is no beauty.  I use the word "cool" for this image. 

Both of these were reminders that in this walk we call life we will see many things along the way.  Take in the beauty that is around.  And do not look down, keep your eyes up.  I observed how easy it is to look down when your walking.  But also noticed what I see if I am just looking down.  The cement or the gravel, but when my eyes look up I can see all the beauty around me.  I can see others walking past me, I can see the river flowing and would have missed out on the beauty that was all around me.  I am so glad that God reminded me of this.  When the path seems scary, different or unknown just keep looking up for when you look down you miss out on what is all around you.

A few days ago I read this verse in Proverbs 15:13 and I just fell in love with this.  "A happy heart makes a cheerful face..." 

As I came around another turn in the trail I noticed two hawks soaring above me and felt like God was saying "just soar with me, enjoy the ride, follow me, I know where we are going to land."  As I came to last leg on my walk the words to this song popped into my head.  As I say this I speak it as a reminder to me and to you.  ENJOY THE RIDE!


No comments:

Post a Comment